Tri-County United Way
Improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.
Communities where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
Community Care Specialist Job Description
Position: Community Care Specialist
Status: Non-Exempt Position
Hours: Part-time, 15 - 25 hours per week (average 20), flexible schedule
Core Function: Provides a wide range of support including managing our website, social media, CRM, QuickBooks and reporting.
Reports To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
Primary Responsibilities: Enhance Tri-County United Way's effectiveness by providing relevant, up-to-date information to the Community via our website and social media, responding to Community feedback in a supportive and empathetic tone. Must have the ability to work well with staff, volunteers, donors, Community stakeholders, and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential information is required.
Specific duties, including but not limited to:
- Maintain and update website
- Manage all social media accounts, updating and responding as needed
- Maintain donor database via CRM
- Manage all financial information via QuickBooks
- Research background material and collect data for reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- Communicate with the Community via the phone, mail, email, social media, and our website.
- Exercise judgment within company policy.
- Order supplies as necessary.
- Participate positively in the major events of Tri-County United Way, including leadership and donor recognition events and similar gatherings.
- Oversight of phone system.
- Oversight of office keys.
The position must model the competencies expected of all United Way Staff:
Focused. Employees’ top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives employee performance and professional motivation. Mission
- Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the Community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the United way brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
The position must model and support the values of the organization:
- Commitment to Community Success. Make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence.
- Leadership. Provide strong leadership and act as a catalyst for promoting positive change in our Community.
- Inclusiveness. Aspire to involve every segment of the Community in every aspect of work.
- Integrity and Accountability. Act with integrity that justifies trust.
- Innovation. Value innovation in Community building to affect positive change.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Attendance/punctuality. Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
. Strong relationship-building skills and ability to work effectively with Tri-County United Way donors, volunteers, agencies, and Community representatives. Relationship Building
- Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate in a variety of ways. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ethical. A commitment to professional ethics and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Teamwork. Ability to interact with internal & external clients.
- Planning/Organizing. Good organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Strong project management skills.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust to unexpected assignments, difficulties, and work deadlines.
- Personable and Professional. Inspire through knowledge, demeanor and uncompromising integrity
- Analytical. Adept at in working with market research, campaign data, calculations, and situation assessment in current and potential markets
- Competitive. A desire to win; and wants team to win, as a coach and a player.
- Intelligent. Capacity to understand complex issues adding value in the ongoing development of the Community impact agenda
- Genuine. Strong sense of emotional intelligence and calmness under stress.
- Quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner. Works hard, works smart, works fast and gets results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred, and a minimum of three years experience in a similar position
- Willingness to work varied hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Knowledge of the Tri-County communities
- A passion for service to the Community
Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software applications including email, social media, websites, internet, QuickBooks, CRM and must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
Valid driver’s license
State-compliant vehicle insurance
Ability to be individually bonded
Ability for some travel
Salary: $15 - $19 per hour based on experience – Approximately 20 hours per week
Benefits: Flexible hours and working locations. Travel reimbursement.